Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This and That ...

Well, still do not have even a vague idea of how to start planning the wedding :( I go mad just thinking about it.... The best part is Darling prefers to just ignore that we are even getting married :) and contributes head nods and smiles anytime the topic comes up. i think he's got cold feet :) :)

Am so very busy in office and classes... Oh why did I ever start two courses at the same time..... Have to handover assignments every week for one course and the other well..... the project is due in THREE months !! and got to study for the finals as well :(

I chose a project on Animal Communication and spent so much time finding and collecting info and articles .... But last week when I gave in the proposal, the lecturer didn't like it :(

Responses I have had when I said I was hoping to do a project on animal communication :
1. What ??? *genuinely perplexed guy*
2. Why on earth about animals? Come on ....... write about us... *big smile*
3. What ever are you going to write?
4. Is there really anything to write about animals?
5. What do you mean animal communication? They cant talk??
6. Do you think you can really write about animal communication? I mean is there anything to research on this topic (Lecturer)
7. Animal communication?? Wow... great idea!!! (lady from Italy)
8. Animals? ah.... writing about what you can do I suppose?? (my brother)

What in heavens is wrong with our people? What is so bad about trying to write about animals?
I have gone through so many libraries and book stores and never found a book worth while about animals and communication by a Sri Lankan. Even the Zoological Dept. said they didn't know!!

Anyways the lecturer started out saying we should do research about something we love and enjoy it.... So..... I thought ........ :(

But, hey........ I am going to follow my mom's ideas..... She said, "Well duwa, you can either come out of the ordinary and do something no one else has done and enjoy it..... Or you can just continue doing the things everyone does.. "
So, moi is going to DO it and SHOW them..... :D

2 comments:

Foxhound said...

If you're writing something smaller than a book, it should be great.

If you're writing a book... good luck finding stuff!

But I would most definitely read it as animals may not speak, but they communicate through body language and sometimes their actions.

The Single Couple said...

thanks :) the prob is, most people think they are just "dumb animals" and dont have or need the right to communicate anyway :P