Thursday, May 28, 2009

The "happenings" continue...

The stupid kalawedda has been after my rabbit!!! :\ I shall turn him into a sausage if I get my hands on him!!

We had six rabbits but now it's just the one... This ONE was force fed by my mom when he was the size of an ant because HIS mom died. Anyways, now he's the king of our castle (house rather). So last night, mom had him in her room and he has spent the whole night trying to burrow into her stuff :D
Mom walked about like a zombie today morning.. he he..

Apparently rabbits mate for life, so once one of them dies, the other just starves to death and sorta walks about very lethargicly like, refusing to run or play or anything :[

PS : I would love to upload a pic of the rascal, only my stupid computer doesnt let on java popups :S

Visited the zoo, but returned feeling more down in the dumps... The animals all looked so sad and depressed.. There were several dumbos trying to give a cigar to the gibbons, so had to drag Darling off before he could punch them in the face :\
Really silly, bloody idiots seem to be loose in the country these days..

The old bear I remembered from teenage trips was still there, but looked rather forlorn and had this really sad look on his face. The tiger was lying on his back trying to look into the lions' cage through this tiny pipe hole in the wall. I think the linoess was pacing =D

I remember our family went once when I was around seven. There was this white deer in a cage in the ground, sorta lower than the usual ground height. I was enchanted with it, hanging over the bars, talking to it..... and the next minute he had gulped down half of my frilly skirt... and it was my fav too =)
And the lama snatched off my hat and my brother screamed thinking it was after my head (he was just four - which undoubtedly explains his affection towards me). And when we went to see the elephants and my bro said "Ammi... see... coconuts falling" :P yes..really!! and in very high pitched, small baby voice!

This time, the snakes were scary especially when I poked my head right into the glass to look for the python and it dropped down from the tree stump above O_O There was this gigantic tortoise and crocodile together, of which I managed to take a good pic, hanging over the railing with Darling hanging onto my waist in case he lost me, in these last stages of the wedding I guess.... hmmm... maybe he DOES love me }=>

There was an enooorrrmous crowd by evening though... But what I noticed was that most of the people think animals are dumb (when you could SEE the look of utter contempt the white deer gave you when they dropped a Popsicle in his cage!! - "Look what I have to go through, with these idiots") They seem to think its just FINE to point and jeer and poke things through the cages, although it says NOT to in large red letters just beside the cages !

The hippos' water trough was full of Popsicle wrappers, mango seeds, achcharu and unmentionable stuff.. And in the midst of all these, the two hippos were lying calmly in the water, with their foreheads leaning together... First, one rubbed his head on the other... then, the other leaned in... yep, i got a pic :D

The saddest part was watching the birds try to fly out and jam on the cages... The little squirrel monkeys run up and down and up and down and up the poles.... The sick wild boar snuffling in a corner.. The arapimas lamming into the catfish everytime they turn around....

And someone said "how easy a life they must have, getting food and water and just lying around...no need to go to office" ... Well.... I wonder which is easier....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it might be time you switched over to firefox :)

So is the rabbit still little? We had two little squirrels who lost their mom. We fed them but they died somehow... :( and I didn't know kalaweddas were carnivores till now... :O

And totally agree on the zoo. There's simply not enough space or resources at that place to house all those animals properly, and they end up paying for man's 'curiosity' eh? :(

Dee said...

cute post :) i feel depressed at the zoo too :( feel like letting all the animals go :D

santhoshi said...

The zoo really needs come assistance i guess. the poor animals.. i stopped visiting my every year trip to the zoo since its sad...

Harshi said...

Wow.. you've covered the whole zoo in a single post.. nice and interesting one..

And yeah, that's some pathetic state the zoo's in.. I wonder what they do with all the money they earn from the visitors. Feel sorry for the animals. I mean if they can't take care, then they should release the animals to the nearest national park.. even if it's lil by lil. -__-