Friday, May 15, 2009

To be or not to be

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the blogosphere. I thought the main idea of blogging was to be able to vent your ideas?? That a blog is your private notepad, where you can let out steam??

Is this blogging or ego twisting of the advertising industry I wonder? The main point I have noticed so far is that many of the people who are snapping at each other seem to be or were advertising agency staff. Makes you wonder about even stepping into an agency or contacting them for some work hah?? (No hard feelings guys....please....)

It just seems to go on and on and on... Someone publishes a photo disclosing someone else, then someone else publishes details about someone else...and so on... Christ... I have never seen so much back biting and screeching as is happening in the SL Blogosphere these days.

People who want to blog anonymously should be allowed do that, while others can be public or whatever they want, right?? If you want to get high stats on your blog, fine... go right ahead... Just don't squash the others who are trying to let out a little steam in their day-to-day life. Sheesh!!! Get a life people!!!

If you want to publicly criticise each other and wash your dirty linen in public, why don't you guys invent a group or something and chat about it? What is the point in letting loose while hiding behind "anonymous"?
I started several blogs but could not really keep them going, due to my work and studies.... I started this blog with a firm commitment of carrying on, after DC left a comment one day. Thank you DC :)

The name was chosen mainly because I wanted to have something about my relationship and also because our names (my fiance and moi) were too long for a blog ID :D I have no problem in anyone knowing my real name as I'm sure some of you do. (thank you, all of you who have helped me in my queries)

I blog about things that catch my interest when ever possible, while checking out everyone else's blogs too. Many blogs have helped me get through daily issues, just knowing that everyone goes through the same thing... and many make me laugh out loud when I'm down in the dumps. Thanks guys!!

I truly hope that the people who have personal issues would sort it out amongst themselves.... I personally have no animosity with anyone of you. But it IS rather exasperating and also sad to see previously interesting blogs display personal feuds, which tend to pop up in my blog roll. (I am seriously considering deleting some of these, which would of course be a pity)

However, I guess ... you can take it or leave it .....

Good luck and take care

PS : I don't really care about my blog hits, just a couple of comments however, are appreciated. What I do love, is reading all your blogs; of course, without the hate and animosity..

7 comments:

Dee said...

hear hear...

TheWhacksteR said...

nah dont worry about the hating! it'll pass soon enough. kee posting though. cheers!

greene said...

dont you just love people that comment on posts

jadedshades said...

Totally agree with you. All the drama i went through with other bloggers exposing my identity taught me one thing... fighting fire with fire may not be the way to go. Ignoring it is the best.

Its like the saying goes... waging war in the name of peace is like f***ing for virginity.

Nuff said

Resident Princess said...

Well said. Wish everyone would just get back to the usual rantings which I love reading! :)

Harshi said...

Hello SC! Firstly I wanna say.. I'm glad to come across a nice, peaceful looking blog after a series of psychological thrillers! =D

And yep, I agree with what you say. Personal grudges need to be solved outside blogs.. face to face, like in those good old cowboy duels. =D

Hope things would change for the better and we'll getta see more peaceful and interesting rantings than verbal-shelling in the nearest future. ^__^

Scrumps said...

It's crazy isn't it?! :|