Thursday, December 4, 2008

help...help...my phone's bust....

I own this sony Ericsson's K 510i phone. Last evening I took a lot of pictures and the camera showed a message saying capacity full. So I deleted some previous pictures and took more pics :)
Then it seemed ok. But later when I took it out of my pocket, the display screen was white !! Just this blank, blinking WHITE !!
I tried switching on and off but it didn't work. ... Still white blank display....Then I went home and connected it to the computer and saved the photos I'd taken in my comp and deleted them from the phone. Now there are only around 6 pics. This is less than there was at the beginning.

But still the display doesn't come on!! Once or twice the normal screen came, but it converts back to the white blank screen in about 3 minutes. I did take out and insert the sim again....no go...

Can someone help me....Please please..... Is there some way I can get back my phone?? whats wrong with it? Oh help....

What about my msgs and tasks and contacts and videos and sounds etc.... Will they all be deleted ?? Please help....Now when I try to connect to it by computer, I cant find it.....Its nonexistent!!!
Aiyoooooooo :( :( :(

11 comments:

Dee said...

uh...i'm not so smart on phone stuffz. BUT it's prob the ribbon..same thing happened to my samsung. usually the content doesnt get erased. better to take it to a place and have then take a look at it.

Anonymous said...

Hey... don't you just hate it when this kinda shit happens. Ok first of all check if you still have your phone's warranty card. If its still within the warranty period, go to the dealer that sold you the phone, show the phone and explain what happened. They will most probably fix it for you. If the phones not within the warranty period, still go to the same dealer. They will still fix it but for a cost i think.

Those are your options right now. You can try the phone company or any other dealers on Duplication Road and see if they will fix it for you. As for your messages, the ones saved on the phone may be gone... but if they've been saved on your sim they should be ok.

Hope this helped. Good luck.

Jerry said...

First of all, download "My Phone Explorer" It'll allow you to back up your messages and contacts and things.

Just install it and then connect your phone to the PC in phone mode.

It should automatically back up all your stuff. Then,

I dunno. Does it have a memory card? Took it out? Restart?

Shake it?

Or do you still have a guarantee on it? Abans is pretty helpful.

Other than that, you can give it off to someplace to repair. Again, Abans does repairs. The one in colpetty, the big building is where their repairs place is.

Jerry said...

Oh, and My Phone Explorer can be had at - http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

The Single Couple said...

DeeCee : sniff.. sniff.. :( thanks
jadedshades : thanks men :( yeah, I was so mad at the stupid thing, I nearly stomped on it :)gonna try the dealer now..
Jerry : thanks :) shall try My Phone Explorer...
bloody daft horrible stupid phone >:(

Jerry said...

ALSO,


Back up your messages BEFORE giving it to someplace to repair.

Or explicitly state that you want all your stuff intact.

:D

I feel like a good Samaritan today

The Single Couple said...

Jerry : Oh, you are :D

Lady divine said...

oh no!! you're facing phone drama too??
Shyt! sucks! truly sucks!
I dont think any of your contents will get erased..:)

just take it to a dealer who can fix it..:)

The Single Couple said...

Lady D : yeah, bloody stupid phone!! took it to dealer last friday, still no idea wts happening... *sniff* :(

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what happened at the end..

But it sounds like a software damage.. You'll have to flash it and replace the software..

This is a common, known, error on Sony Ericssons.. Although I'm yet to meet anyone who had to replace the software of their Nokia, either S40 or S60 ..

The Single Couple said...

Well, wt happened is; they replaced the software and gave it back. Then the moment I tried to take a photo again... thwack.. it starts flashing the bright white screen again :(
So, gave it back and asked them to sell it or something **sigh**
Yep, Nokia's good so far... got one :)necessary evil I guess :>