Thursday, June 11, 2009

An octopus grabbed me today...

yeeek.. the new manager has a handshake worthy of an octopus.. :P :P

Why is the owner of the cows at Wijerama not warned by the police? I feel sorry for all those stray cows and bulls and calfs on the roads...

Why do Sri Lankans have this in-born talent at disregarding law and order?

I really should try to learn more about economic stuff :(

According to a friend/CEO in the garment industry, it takes around 4 hours for them to arrive at a price quote for an inquiry, mainly because they have to source all the materials and accessories from around the world. A Chinese manufacturer on the other hand, will be able to quote a good price in 20 minutes, because all the necessary stuff is already inside his country... and we talk of GSP concessions and how to develop the country etc etc...

The best job is when you are seriously interested in what you are doing, when you can learn new stuff, face new challenges and when the job is truly difficult.. hmmm.....

Why do performing artists prefer the stage to television or film acting? Wouldn't live acting on stage be the hardest? Therefore, would it not give the best satisfaction?

Just random thoughts....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, you got an Octo-boss? :D

I TOTALLY 100% agree with you on the Wijerama Cow situ! We pass through that area quite a lot on our way to Colombo and there's always cows crossing the road... Now I'm all for letting animals live peacefully and in freedom, but this is just a serious danger to the protection of the said cows since they might get run over by careless drivers! They should be relocated to a less congested area me thinks!

and yes, I also think that challenging jobs are more rewarding! :)

Harshi said...

Totally random but interesting thoughts. =D

About breaking law, I think it's a human tendency, just like the tendency you get when you stand on the edge of a cliff.. to jump or not to jump.. *a psychological thing* so I think the ones who can't control this are the law breakers..

And yep, our country can become prosperous, if we could depend more on our resources and skills. Agree with your ideal job too.. And lastly about stage actors, when asked the same question, most say they love the instant feedback! =D

The Single Couple said...

@Chavie : LOL, yep, certainly did...thankfully not my boss =)
exactimo my ideas, re. the cows..and abt the job; yes, only prob, being it certainly does NOT describe my present situ =S

@Harumi : Thks, I lov hhaving yr comments =] and Chavie's too =]
I seriously hv felt lk letting go and jumping of a cliff, it seems so.. err.. ethereal I guess =P
Interesting comment abt the stage actors ]=>

Harshi said...

You're most welcome. ^__^

Um.. you seriously didn't mean that did you? O_O lol But you know we all do feel it they say, just that it isn't strong enough to make us jump off. But there are ones who do just that.. the bungee jumpers! I so wish I could be so daring like them.. hehe..

oh and about the cow crossing the road situation, well.. maybe the owners of the cows wanted to turn the look and feel of Colombo into a peaceful countryside.. hehe..